Jacobs Foundation: Better Evidence for Children and Youth:
Call for Application 2015
For your information: The Campbell Collaboration’s Education and Crime & Justice Coordinating Groups and the Jacobs Foundation announced grants to support the development and publication of systematic reviews that address important issues in child and youth development. Grants between $25,000 and $50,000 USD are available following this Call for Applications.
Applications are accepted from researchers interested in studying important issues of child and youth development. Systematic reviews prepared under this program should focus on interventions, programs and/or policies in areas of interest to child and youth development such as:
- Individualized learning and adaptive teaching
- Learning and academic attainment
- Educational programs seeking to promote socio-emotional development, self-regulation and positive behavior
- Multilingual education
- Early childhood education
- Early intervention and prevention
- Inclusive Education
- Prevention of juvenile delinquency and violence
- Treatment of juvenile offenders
- Treatment of child and adolescent victims
For any topic suggested, justification of relevance for the development of children and youth must be provided. Outcomes to be studied could include:
- Improvements in academic performance
- Improvements in Employability
- Improvements in health and well-being
- Reduction in Victimization
- Reduction in disruptive, delinquent or violent behavior
For each accepted proposal, the authors must go through the typical Campbell editorial process by submitting a title registration, a protocol, and a full review. The protocol and review will both go through the standard Campbell Collaboration external peer review process
Half of the grant amount will be paid after the acceptance of a review protocol through the Campbell Collaboration, the other half after publication of the Review.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload two documents
Document 1: A completed Campbell Collaboration Title Registration Form (see: www.campbellcollaboration.org)
Document 2: 3-5 page Project Narrative that includes the following information (in one PDF):
- Summary of the topic area under review. In addition to summarizing the topic, be sure to mention any existing reviews and estimate the potential number of studies that will require coding.
- Detailed timeline for the title, protocol, and review, including timing for important milestones during the review process (e.g., literature search, abstract screening, literature retrieval, study eligibility screening, coding, analysis, etc.)
- Description of team and experience (attach 2 page CVs for each member of the review team – not part of the 3-5 page limit)
- Itemized budget (up to 50‘000 USD)
Deadline for Submission: January 15, 2016
Only proposals submitted via the online application form will be accepted.
Notification of funding decision: April 21, 2016
Good luck with your applications!
Technical Officer, Prevention of Violence
Management of Noncommunicable Diseases, Disability, Violence and Injury Prevention (NVI)
World Health Organization
20 Avenue Appia
CH-1211 Geneva 27
Phone +41-22-791-2416 (direct)